Monday, April 18, 2011

My half marathon challenge

I am participating in the Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon (WPS Half) in just under two weeks - on Sunday May 1.  The WPS Half raises money for the Manitoba Division of the Canadian Cancer Society.  I am hoping to raise $300 for this worthy cause. 

This is my second time running in this event, and to make things a little more interesting I am challenging myself to run the half in under 1:40.  To put it in context, I ran a Hypothermic Half Marathon in February in about 1:47 -read my blog about that race

You see, if I fundraise enough money the race organizers will refund my registration fee.  But I have decided that even if I reach my goal of $300, but don't run the 13.1 miles in under 1:40, I will donate that refunded registration fee as well.  Simple right.  Whether you are rooting for me or for the Canadian Cancer Society, everybody wins.

If you are interested in showing your support I will be glad to accept it.  No, I don't need you to run a couple of miles for me.  Nor do I need you to drive the car that will pick me up at an undisclosed location and drive me to the finish line (that is all taken care of).  But if you want to support me and donate to the Canadian Cancer Society just CLICK HERE.


I will update my race and fundraising results with a post-race blog.  Wish me luck.

Soupy out.

No comments:

Post a Comment