Friday, October 8, 2010

Mayoral Forum at RRC

Well, Mayor Sam Katz and challenger Judy Wasylycia-Leis were at Red River College on Tuesday to answer questions about their respective mayoral platforms. I am by no means a Katz supporter. In fact I want to believe that Wasylycia-Leis can be a new voice for Winnipeg's impoverished and marginalized. But sadly I left the two hour forum with a little less faith in Judy's ability to lead the city and a little more respect for the job Katz has done over the last six years. I am not saying that I am ready to jump on Sam's band wagon. I still think that there is a lot of stuff in this city that he does not address and a change is needed. But after the forum my head told me to vote for Katz, and my heart was still looking for a good alternative.

Soupy out

1 comment: