Friday, January 7, 2011

Blogging After the Holiday Hangover

If you are like me you probably spent too much time partying with your friends and eating with your family this holiday season (and of course spending quality time with all of them).  After three and a half months of overworking my brain in my first term of Creative Communications, I effectively turned my grey-matter-muscle off for the three week break.  However, my guzzling, gulping and gorging muscles were in marathon mode.  It was a great holiday.  That was well deserved.  Or so I keep telling myself, but failing to convince my guilty conscience.  I had so much down-time.  Surely I could have got a head start on my IPP proposal.  Or prepped my communications portfolio for the summer job hunt.  Or researched the local magazine market in order to find a niche for my term 2 project.  I didn't even blog (I was going to blog about the Weakerthans show I went to but somehow it never got done...amazing show by the way).

Even now as I type this, the Blogger website feels unfamiliar.   And I feel guilty.  It looks up at me like a sad puppy after I have left it alone in the house for too long.  I try to convince it that I am not a horrible master: "Souppppyy.  Come here. Come here.  Well I know I was gone for a while, little buddy.  But I'm back.  Did you think that I was gone for good?  No I would never leave you."  

So in order to get back in good favour with this little guy I decided to take him for a little walk around the blog.  And just a hundred words in he is looking up at me lovingly again, having forgotten about being abandoned for three weeks. "Good boy."

Soupy out.

3 comments:

  1. Haha - don't feel guilty. You needed the re-charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone besides Kenton blogged much over the holiday...I tried, but I couldn't find anything to say (Well, except that my pants were getting too tight from eating too much, and perhaps an anti-consumerism Christmas rant...Ugh.)

    Bring on the new semester and far more blogging!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha this is awesome man... feeling guilt towards a website- i'm sure that's normal. I didn't come through on a Weakerthans blog either, nor did i brainstorm any ideas. It's good tho, we're starting this new semester off fresh...?

    ReplyDelete