Friday, September 17, 2010

Out of My Bloggin' Mind

Well I have officially joined the masses in the world of mobile technology and social networking.  A few weeks ago I was happy with my cell phone, a hotmail account, Google and the odd YoutTube video.  I lead a simple,happy life.   But now, just three weeks into CreComm and I am O.D.’ing on the internet and its communication tools.  I have a new BlackBerry, a blog and a Twitter account.  How did I come so far so fast?


They are all mandatory parts of the CreComm curriculum.  Social networking media and smart phone technology are powerful tools that must be mastered to succeed in today’s communications industry.  Or so I am told.  But honestly conquering apps and staying current in the internet social scene takes a lot out of a guy.  My BlackBerry is vibrating off my hip with all these emails, tweets and blog alerts. My fingers are cramping from typing on the tiny keypad.  Who do I have to blog to get a special dialing wand?


And as if I did not have my hands full trying to master the BlackBerry, blog and Twitter I also decided that my first week of school would be a good time to get a Facebook account.  I am told it is how “the kids” communicate these days.  I have been stubbornly avoiding it for years.  It’s the same stubbornness that would not let me watch Avatar.  It was just TOO popular.  So I stood my ground and said, “No thank you Mr. Cameron.”  I find that making such petty, counter pop-culture stands is a lot less work than standing up against real issues, like social injustice.  And it is almost as satisfying. 


By the way I am sorry to my Facebook friends that I have not replied to yet.  Your comments about how I have finally jumped into the year 2006 are appreciated.  And I apologize for not uploading any photos to my album yet.  But honestly who has time to update their status when they are busy tweeting and blogging like a rock star? 


Well that is all from me for now.  I think I am going to go update my status, tweet that I have a new blog, and if  there is time I may finally breakdown and rent Avatar.  

Soupy Out


1 comment:

  1. Mandatory, yes. But it's like learning an instrument: the ones who master the guitar are the ones who play it all the time, not just when the guitar teacher says so.

    ReplyDelete